Re: [DL] New Edge

<Testicular Fortitude: 1-5 pts>
<You may get scared sometimes but you have the big clanging brass ones (sorry>
<ladies) to look that fear in the face(sometimes)>

<For each point of this edge when you fail a guts check, except for a bust,>
<you may subtract this level from the result on the scart table>

I don't think this is such a bad edge.  One problem I have had with guts
checks is that it doesn't matter how much you miss the check by, only
if you make or fail it.  ex:

I'm playing a charecter who's a muckraker he has a pidley 1d6 for guts
and is required to make a guts check with a TN of 16 (counting the fear
level).  I roll a 4 and fail.
My friend is playing a hardned warrior against the Reckoner's (He's the
guy I'm writing the story about) he's got a guts of 5d12, he's brave +2 to
guts, and he's got 5 grit (he'd have more but that's his limit).  He rolls and
gets a 15 after bonuses.
Both of us are scared just as bad, I'm sorry but that seems really silly to
me.

If anything Testicular Fortitude should give our hero (lets call him Foley) a
-2
to the result for each point since most of the results on the scart table
cross
over about 5 numbers.  This would mean that a charecter who put all 5 points
into this and failed a guts check would (on average) get a result about two
catagories lower than everyone else did.  That's not too powerful, especially
for half of your edges.