Re: [DL] TriGun

On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 19:25:13 -0500, deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:

>  At 01:47 PM 9/3/00 -0700, you wrote:
>  >Sooooo...
>  >
>  >Vash the Stampede?  Anyone?  Huh?
>
>  Heard of the series, and (vaguely) the character of Vash, but only from
>  I've read.  Haven't seen it yet, but
>  sounds interesting.  Perhaps you could post some brief notes on it for us
>  (so long as it's not too off-topic,
>  that is).

Ok here goes.  I've seen the first three DVD's and have a pretty good
understanding of what is going on.  If I had read the manga I would know
more but I'm not that motivated.

Vash the Sampede aka The humanoid typhoon.  Is an outlaw with a 60billion
double dollar (currency of the planet) reward on his head.

Thus he is wanted by all and saught by every bounty hunter in the world.

He is as the rumors go either a large blond man with a mohawk, a huge man
with a big weapon that wears red, or a blond man wearing red with a big gun
who is a womanizer.

Some of this is true but most is not.  He is blonde but is a a skinny, tall
fellow with a big hand gun.  Everywhere he goes things seem to get
destroyed.  Kinda like groo for those in the know.  Entire cities are
reduced to rubble and nobody died.  Yup, you got that right, nobody dies at
all.

Following Vash are two insurance agents, "Derringer" Merryl Stryfe, and
"Stun Gun" Millie Thompson.  They are tasked with keeping an eye on vash so
that he doesn't cause any more damage.  They meet him on the first episode
but don't actually realize who he is until the third disk or so.  This means
that they are constatly following the rumor of vash and snubing the goofy
skinny guy because he couldn't be the stone cold killer vash the stampede.

There is some discussion that vash is putting up a front and that he is
really a tremendous gunslinger.  He acts goofy, and star struck and even a
little inept, but when danger threatens (which is often of course) he
manages to handle it without breaking his cover (too much).

He is an ace gunman and the setting is either modern western or very
steampunk fantasy.  There is quite a bit of "Mad" Science.  But it more
closely resembles HOE because of the far off planet and the lost technology
aspect.

I've been attempting to pin down just what his stats might be but I've had
to create enitrely new edges and hinderances to cover just what he is and
does.

so far it looks like
shootin' pistols 10
quickdraw 7
performin actin 6
dodge 9
edges:
Front: Inept
Front: Clueless
Front: Weak
Hinderances
Wake of Destruction- Things seem to blow up for no reason
Grim servant of Destruction - He doesn't like it but he is often the cause.

That's about it.  For more infor I'd check out the DVD's or tapes.  The
third disk is really neat because it brings in a new character, Wolfwood the
wandering priest.  Were not sure if he's blessed or just fakeing but he also
puts up a front.

Thats about all.

Thanks for letting me Ramble.
Ron conner