Re: [DL] X-Squads Generic?? [GRW/HN]

I have to agree with you that making X-squads generic really undermines
Wasatch.  Automatons are nice, but they have limitations.  Clockwork
tarantulas aren't worth the points unless you really need a wall crawler.
Heck a standard gunmen troop is superior! I think some sort of new troops
for Wasatch will be a requirement to keep them even with the other rail
barons.

Paul

pwilson@po-box.esu.edu

"It's not safe out here.  It's wondrous, with treasures to
satiate desires both subtle and gross.  But it's not for the timid."

"Q"     Stardate  42539.2

"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing,
great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of
honour and good sense."

Winston Churchill   10/29/1941
Address to the Harrow School
The justification, I believe, is that not only Wasatch can make gizmos,
and theoretically any rail baron can hire gizmo troops.  First, they
shouldn't call the generic ones "X-Squads," since that name's exclusive
to Wasatch.  Also, I think this steals 90% of Wasatch's thunder, and they
should have some big benefit to make up for it.  Maybe really reliable
gizmos would be appropriate, or X-Squads with higher Smarts to deal with
malfunctions.

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:45:12 -0400 Paul Wilson
<Paul.Wilson@po-box.esu.edu> writes:
> 	I was looking over the errata to the High Noon rules and
> noticed that the X-squads are now listed as a generic troop type not a
> Wasatch only troop. Is this correct or am I misreading the post?

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich A Ranallo