Re: [DL] Just to start the whole "mummy" thread again... :-)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:20:15 +1200 "Leybourne, Brian"
<Brian.Leybourne@airnz.co.nz> writes:
> big snip<

A couple of years before Deadlands came out I saw a special about mummies
on the discovery channel. They had a picture from the mid-1860's of a
train station in Colorodo that had Egyptian mummies stacked like cordwood
(at least 8' high) next to a locomotive engine. Turns out that the
mummies were a better fuel source than wood or coal because of the oils
and chemicals used to preserve them. So a lot of rail lines had them
shipped in to use in lines that had to make good time by burning hotter.
Since I started playing Deadlands, I have tried tracking that picture
down again with no luck. It still gives me the creeps just thinking about
it. That is just waiting to be turned into a game.

"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope."
             -Texas Ranger D.M. Thomas
Waste of Space - http://mscof.home.texas.net/

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.