Re: [DL] Posse problems

--- Stephen L Jacobs <cbazaar@pcpartner.net> wrote:
> I have run accross a problem with two players who's
> characters always use the same abilities no mater
> what the situation. One is a Huckster and we have
> nick named him soul blaster becuase that is all he
> does. Another posse member always askes "Is there a
> gun shop" everytime they pass through a new town. I
> have begun penalizing them bounty wise but all that
> is doing is cuaseing them to be more aggresive. He
> recently soul blasted three cats and a horse becuase
> I tried to shackle him with an amulet that would
> resrict his use of soul blast. I'm quickly running
> out of options. Has anyone out there ran into this
> and how did you handle it.

Well, soul blast does have some restrictions you can
take advantage of:

A) Can't easily hide the effect.  Have friendly
witnesses around who will want to lynch the character
for being a witch.  Make combats public events.
B) Some creatures are uneffected by Soul Blast.
C) Use more non-lethal combats.  Ie: Barroom brawls,
fighting people who need to be interogated.
D) Start sending blessed witchhunters after him, let
him know although he didn't realize it, his efforts
were seen.
E) Backlash - enjoy it.

For gun bunnies, well, use less combat, and more
thinking.  Or create questionable situations in which
gunplay is the wrong choice (you suspect the town
marshal of being a bad guy, shoot him, find out he was
set up, and now you're wanted).

-Munch Wolf