Re: [DL] Pinnacle sold... (now 75% more OT)

> But do we (as experienced non-munchkin gamers) really want 1/8th of the
> snotty kids who bought into pokemon to start playing D&D?  I am a long time
> gamer, and when I got involved in a Magic the Gathering tournament, I found
> the attitudes of many of the other contestants more than a trifle pushy and
> irritating.  Yes, I know, I'm being elitist, but if Hasbro brings in
> "Pokemoners", D&D will be pulled Munchkin-wards far faster.
>           Daniel Gwyn

It seems to me that most gaming companies can't afford such elitism. The
fact remains that munchkin-type players and rules lawyers (the two often go
hand in hand) are the ones who will buy the most books and other related
stuff, and thus bring in more cash.

This doesn't automatically mean that D&D (or any other game) would be
"pulled Munchkin-wards," IMHO. After all, what's to prevent veteran players
from guiding the young and inexperienced in the wonderful world that is good
roleplaying? It makes no sense to simply shut them out: just thwack them
over the head with miscellaneous problems they can't solve with violence
until they figure it out. Then you get a whole new generation of players to
whine and kvetch about the munchkinism of the younger players ;-)

Later all,

Daphné "Going to bed now" Brunelle

--
"What's your plan?"
"Plan?  I've got to have a plan?  I can't just be like, proactive