RE: [DL] Pinnacle sold... (REALLY OT)

>>Possibly - but you can't assign altruistic motives to WotC - the TSR
purchase was just part of the standard Hasbro plan of consolidation<<

   Except WotC wasn't a part of Hasbro at the time it started purchasing
companies.

>>A marketing strategy that seems quite similar to the marketing strategy
of Microsoft. <<

   Except Microsoft doesn't share its toys.

>>Can you actually see at any mechanic in 3rd ed and say that you haven't
seen it in another game somewhere?<<

  Allan, I can say the same thing about Deadlands. Wouldn't go around
pointin' fingers.

                 Seanchai

"The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of
nuclear giants and ethical infants." - General Omar N. Bradley