Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000918-1

Yup. I believe they're Army .44s. Not entirely unlike the Saint of
>Killer's Walkers (because whoever originally drew the Saint didn't know his
>Walkers from his Armys) They're a pretty common gun-type in the weird west,
>though they lack the fame of the peacemaker or the out-and-out cool of a
>Schofield. I'v enever handled one, or even a replica, but I'm told they
were
>too heavy, long and imbalanced to be a real fast-draw gun. (also, almost
all
>westerns show gunslingers with late model longbarrel cavalry peacemakers,
>when they were almost never used in quickdraws because of their length)
    Yes, but they're cool and paraphrase some one famous "It is better to
look good than to draw good, and they look mahvellous.  Absolutely
Mahvellous"
          Daniel Gwyn
"You have a big heart...not as big as your mouth,  but
you have good feelings inside you"
    From the Frisco Kid