[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000918-1

Tim Denee said,

> Now, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but there's this
> picture of Clint Eastwood plugging away with two guns, (it's in one of the
> articles for some reason; never mind that). Anyway, the guns, and the way
> they're held, are _exactly_ the same as Stone's guns/position on the main
> rulebook. I found it interesting. Anyone else ever seen this photo?

    Yup. I believe they're Army .44s. Not entirely unlike the Saint of
Killer's Walkers (because whoever originally drew the Saint didn't know his
Walkers from his Armys) They're a pretty common gun-type in the weird west,
though they lack the fame of the peacemaker or the out-and-out cool of a
Schofield. I'v enever handled one, or even a replica, but I'm told they were
too heavy, long and imbalanced to be a real fast-draw gun. (also, almost all
westerns show gunslingers with late model longbarrel cavalry peacemakers,
when they were almost never used in quickdraws because of their length)

AndrewC