Re: [DL] Dumas

--- Matthew Noyes <xxharlequinxx@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't dumas one of the vampires in Legacy of
> Kain:Soul Reaver....or maybe
> its Dumah...not sure
>                     Matt

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this, wanted to
check my spellings.

The seven Seraphim Kain turned into vampires are:

Raziel, our reluctant hero who's children were
destroyed after he was thrown into the pit.  Even the
flayed dead still have hair.  :)

Dumah, who's children are large and beast-like with
long tongues.

Melchiah, created last and physically the weakest, his
children are reanimated corpses who can tunnel.

Zephon, his children are long-limbed and spiderlike,
capable of clinging to sheer surfaces.

Rahab, somehow developed a tolerance for water, his
children are aquatic; and

Turel, who is never encountered in the game, although
his children are very powerful and can hurl force
bolts at their opponents.

However, an observant reader will remember there were
seven Seraphim all told; the last was Malek of the
Pillar of Conflict from Blood Omen.

If you can't tell, I -adore- this game.  It easily has
the best voice acting and script writing I've ever
seen, with such memorable phrases as "as I would
scrape excrement from a boot," and "in the spectral
realm water has neither heft nor lift, it stands as
thin as air."  Fantastic music, seamless transition
from physical to spectral realms, it was worth every
day of the extra six+ months past due date we waited
for it.

If anyone knows where I can lay my hands on a copy of
this soundtrack, I'd be very appreciative!

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen

=====

Marguerite