Re: New Idea (was: Re: [DL] Combined format?$$$$$$$$$$ (GOFF))

Whew. A lot of input.

Okay, first, I don't think anyone from our staff ever said exactly what would
go into the new Deadlands combined books. Dirk's summary (dime novels, reader
submissions, and so on) sound very close to what we've talked about. We've
also talked about a section for new monsters, new guns, new spells, reader
questions, and "guest Marshal" columns by us (at first) and then well-known
listserv members.

Perhaps I should have made this all clear from the beginning--we described it
a little more at the summer shows where no one seemed to have any objections.

All that said, there's a little more to this than simply saying we're putting
all our lines into one book. There's also something going on in the future
story of Deadlands that means characters will be traveling between settings.
That's about all I can say about that right now, except to hint that "The
Unity" and the infamously rumored "black book" is where everything changes.

Remember, we still have a grand story being told here. Bringing our other
worlds to those of you who only got into the West is very important to that
story. If you're not interested in it and just want to play Boot Hill with
zombies, more power to you. But right now, there's a grand story to tell, and
it's my job to make sure the whole tale is told.

We're reading your comments, and we're making sure that no matter what
happens here we do the absolute best job possible for everyone involved. Just
do me the favor of holding off on your opinions until we show you our whole
hand.

Thanks all!

Shane