Re: [DL] About all this fuss that I started...

Scott Cawson schrieb:

> >I play Deadlands, because I want
> >to play a Western RPG. And to be honest I know of Westerns playin` in
> >Mexico -
> >do you know any playing in Canada?
>
> Maybe I'm lagging behind, but what does that last sentence mean?

Ooops! Maybe this last sentence is too close to German language. It means, I
know of Wild West movies taking place in Mexico, but not in Canada!
Sometimes I have difficulties in translating - please don`t mind!!!

> >And in addition, I know lots of players who
> >want to play Mexicans, and probably there are more in other gaming groups.
> >Enough reason for releasing a South o` the Border, besides the fact that it
> >covers a lot of the origins of Indian culture...
>
> Well, The native culture of the 1800's didn't know bounderies untill the
> white man introduced them.  Many bands of Indians made their home north of
> the 49th including the Cree, Sioux, Ojibaway.  If the Origins of Indian
> culture is what you seek, then perhaps a Canadian sourcebook would shed a
> little more light.

Of what I know is that the core of Indian origin lies in the cultures of the
Mayas, Aztecs and Incas!? But I`m sure you could tell me better, `cause I`m a
ferner to that.

> >I can`t imagine what`s so unique about Canada when speaking of Wild (Weird
> >West). And I personally never ever had the wish to know what`s up "North o`
> >the
> >Border". And believe me nobody asks me if I want to see a release about
> >Weird
> >East Europe - it would be nice, but all I want is Wild West feeling. If I
> >want
> >to play RPG in my home town I would play Castle Falkestein - Perhaps you
> >should
> >simply change your RPG to a Canadian-related one.
>
> Hmmm....Good points I suppose.  Although, if you could imagine a land full
> of criminals and booze runners on the run from American lawdogs, Hardy fur
> traiders, trying to survive the icy climates, not to mention Lake Monsters,
> Yeti(s), and various other reported creatures, Goverment that would rather
> eradicate the uprising of the metis (French/Indian hybrids) then cooperate
> with them, the constant battle to complete a coast to coast railroad (sound
> familiar?), An entire province named after manitous (Manitoba), or the
> attempt at taiming the wild northern frontier by the Northwest Mounted
> Police, later renamed the RCMP.  Then perhaps you could see why a Canadian
> sourcebook is viable.

I think there always points for some area to get released in a sourcebook, but
be sure you don`t want me to begin why there should be a Europe-sourcebook!-)
No, honestly, from my point of view (and that of many others
Spaghetti-Western-spoiled Europeans) Canada never was a matter when speking of
Wild West - sorry. Although Canada would be the country to prefer when having
the chance between it and the U.S.A to visit, honestly, too!

And I wasn`t as angry as my e-mail was aggressive, sorry! It was only MY point
of view! Perhaps you can see from the post-scriptum why I was so upset:-)
Hope you got what I mean, I`m not the best when expressing in English, I know!
If you have difficulties in understanding me, ask again!

JR

P.S.: Again, greetings from the Oktoberfest(SWAY! HICKS!)