Re: [DL] About all this fuss that I started... My final 2 cents

--- toadpooka@juno.com wrote:
> Peoples' responses to this have given a pretty good
> example of why a
> Canadian book would be so good.  Everyone knows what
> was going on in
> Mexico at the time, but no one ever makes movies,
> books or TV shows about
> the Canadian west.  Little do most people in the US
> know, but Canada had
> a West that was just about as wild as ours.  The
> reason no one associated
> Canada with the Wild West is because no one's ever
> seen it.

This is probably one of the best posts I've seen come
out of this thread.  It's true, people in the US are
generally ignorant of what the Canadian west was like,
I know I am.

If I recall correctly though, I have not seen an
official post saying that a Great Weird North book has
been cancelled, only delayed.  Representatives of PEG
have already explained why there are delays, and it
appears to me that they are still positive about
releasing such a source book.  In my view I would
rather they take the time to effectively create a
quality product than to just spit out a half-baked
supplement which may be insulting to anyone who truly
wishes to include Canada in their campaign.

As for any problems with the Epitaph I can forgive
them.  They are still experimenting in a new medium
and won't be able to satisfy everyone.  Take a look at
some of the first few Dragon magazines, they were
crap, and in my opinion they didn't start getting
their act together until around issue 50 or so (the
equivalent of 4 years).  Sure they had the occasional
gem, but for  the most part their product was under
par.  Hopefully it doesn't take PEG that long, but
even more so I hope they don't decide to scrap the
Epitaph format before it gets a chance to prove
itself.

-Munch Wolf