Re: [DL] About all this fuss that I started...

>--- "Ray C." <r_a_c_@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Mr. Goff:  The main thing I don't get about why GWN
> > kept getting bumped is
> > this...  YOU PUT OUT A MEXICAN SUPPLEMENT!!!  Now, I
> > don't have anything
> > wrong with Mexico and Mexicans, but I'm willing to
> > bet there are QUITE a few
> > more RPGers in the Dominion than there is in the
> > Republic.  Then again, most
> > State-siders would probably rather go to Mexico than
> > to Canada...  Ah
> > well...
>
>I'm not Goff, nor do I pretend to be.  I do see a flaw
>with this logic though.  Yes, I do want to eventually
>see a Canadian sourcebook, but I feel the Mexican
>sourcebook was more relavant and useful simply because
>it fits the classic idea of a western.  In my view,
>Canada doesn't really fit as well into the western
>scheme.  I will admit though that the next country
>based sourcebook should be Canada since it fits better
>than any other country, but saying Canada should be
>released just because Mexico was is like comparing
>apples and oranges, it just doesn't hold water.
>
>-Munch Wolf

I was in a bit of a rant.  Most of what I meant with that is the fact that
Canada is overlooked by...  Well...  Pretty much EVERYBODY.  That's what you
get for being the nice, quite neighbour who never declairs war or serious
police actions or whatever ('Course, it's always the "Quiet Ones" that go
insane one day, and kill EVERYBODY!!!).

I can understand the folks saying, "Well, it's not Western", and, of
course...  They're right.  It's not "Western", in the way of MOVIES!!!
Canada was VERY much roudy in it's youth!  Hense the Mounties!!!

It had pretty much the same folks around that the States did!!!  More,
seeing as we didn't have a Civil War going on at the time!  Draft dodgers
from the Union would FLOCK to Canada (Hey, JUST LIKE VIETNAM!!!).

My main problem isn't that they aren't putting out a Canadian Supplement...
I'm used to that (Usually the ONLY mention Canada gets in a RPG is "Quebec
Secceeded, and English Speaking Canada got taken over by the USA").  It's
that they PROMISED ONE FOR SO FRIGIN' LONG, AND ARE NOW SAYING WE CAN'T HAVE
IT!!!

Potentially.  It's not a confirmed thing yet...  And that's almost worse!!!

I hate being hauled around by the nose...

Now that I've ranted again, I apologise again...

Let's just drop it for now...  Wait 'til the official "This is what we're
doing, and if you don't like it, tough!"-announcement comes out.

Ray.