Re: [DL] Re: Combined Format $$$$$$$

Wow!!!
I knew my mail would ruffle a few feathers, but even I was caught off guard
by the number of folks takin' exception.  So before we lay this dead horse
to rest, allow me to explain myself.

First off, let me apologize to anyone I offended.  My Mama raised me to
speak my mind, and while I have no regrets for who I am, I have to admit I
suffer from the ‘Big Mouth,' Hindrance.  Combine that with a tad of
‘Self-Righteousness,' when I'm talkin' about somethin' I believe
passionately in, and add a general mistrust and dislike of Political
Correctness (or any forced speech for that matter,) and you get a man who's
no stranger to eatin' his own foot.

Anyway, don't take it personal, cuz it certainly isn't.  Truth is I wouldn't
‘personally' know any of you from Adam (or Eve.)  The one thing we have in
common is an honest interest in this wonderful thing called "Deadlands."

I'm no Stranger to RPGs, (in fact I'm goin' on my 17th year of hardcore
gaming.)  I'll be the first to admit I'm a fanatic.  Still  I've learned a
thing or two in those 17 years.  In that time, I've also seen a number of
good companies and great games come and go.  It just saddens me to even see
the possibility of Deadlands goin' the way of 'RuneQuest' or 'Toon.'

While we may disagree on wether the combined books are a good idea or not, I
think we can all agree that something is going to have to change if PEG is
gonna continue on.  Business tends to be a lot like a slippery slope.  If
you're not movin' forward (ie: expanding your business,) ya tend to slide
back.  I could be wrong, but I don't believe PEG is expanding the way it
needs to be, and if something doesn't happen....well I don't know.  I think
I left my soap box at home, and I don't wanna turn this into another,
(boring) business lecture.  So let me put it this way, statistically
speaking, the cards aren't in PEG's favor and if we don't help em' stack the
deck a bit, well...I don't think they're gonna make the final cut.

Sorry ta end on such a sad note,
;0 (Doh!)
-Gus