Re: [DL] Riel as Harrowed

>     There are a few flaws in the ointment.  First of all, Louis Riel  was
>only hung in 1885.
>     Secondly, IMHO, in the Deadlands universe, he and the Metis are much
>more
>powerful compared to our world.  Therefore, instead of being hung, he would
>probably be in power.
>           Daniel Gwyn

  I agree.  But, the real world and Deadlands continuity seperate 1n 1863,
allowing for a liberal dose of reality stretched fiction.

  Possibly having Riel lead the Metis against the British government, making
more headway and creating a true power struggle.  Perhaps Riel would be
captured and hung, amid rumours that he fled to the U.S. as he did
historicly, thus lowering the morale of the Metis.  Once he returns to the
land of the (almost) living as harrowed, and regains dominion, he
re-organizes the Metis armies, and gives the Brits hell, literally.  The
british forces, already short on men due to the military action in Michigan,
is buckeled by the small, yet vicious army, that combines the French, Metis,
and Indians.  The british are massacred by the combined forces, and Riel
declares himself "Roi des plaines". (Ok, so that part sucks).

   I'd love to see Riel somehow ally his forces with Huron tribes.  That
way, no one could stand in there way.  I mean, if were going to fantasize,
why allow geography, distance, and the fact that the Huron wouldn't ally
themselves with anyone get in the way.

Scott "Great Wierd North please" Cawson