Re: [DL] Crossovers

>I'm not certain, but I think that I just disagreed with you on this Ron.

No you esentially agreed with me.  The gurps rules are huge unwieldly and
have the single purpose of letting people argue over what rules to use for a
given situation when a more simple and direct option exists.

I'm not saying the book shouldn't be made at all I just question the real
use to which the book will be put.

I'm all for getting new people in the game.  I'm all for doing crossovers.
I've been submitting magic:the gathering ccg crossover ideas for a while
now.  (no one listens)

I just have to vent that gurps grognards have the most redicilous method of
playtesting rules that I have ever seen.  What is the point of intorduceing
a completely different mode of thought and game play into a system that
makes everything vanillia.

Case in point I was just drawing up a character for an HOE game I plan on
never running. *g*  I had to do a total of 20- 25 card pulls for one
character and didn't have to roll one die.  That of course doesn't count the
number of pulls I discarded because they had 4 2's.  But when you translate
that into dice you lose something.  Espically with mutations.  3d6 just
doesn't have the same flavor as the queen of hearts when you realize that
hearts is the suit of famine.  I'm sure the number 17 has some significance
but really.

Rant, Rant Rant.

Going to take part of this back to the playtest and see what floats to the
surface.

Ron Conner