Re: [DL] Sure someone's gotta know this.

> >Bit of lost history I'm trying to get right for my campaign.  What did
> >they call trenchcoats prior to their being worn in the trenches in the
> >Great War.  (From whence the name derives.)
> >I've used the term "Saville Row Longcoat," but that seems a bit wordy.
> >

> Dusters, maybe? Or greatcoats. Or sometimes Railroad coats, as a lot of
> train guards wore long dusters.

No, I strongly doubt that trench coats became another name for dusters.  The
two types of coat are cut quite differently.  I worea trench for five years
before I got my duster for Christmas last year.  The duster looks
drastically different from the trench, though there are still a lot of
people who call my duster a trench coat.

Nick Zachariasen