[DL] Apologies... And a reason for why I'm upset...

First off folks, I gotta apologise.  I have, indeed, been an ass recently
(It's just not on the Mailing List, so don't feel like I'm singling you folk
out), but, there's been three main reasons that I ever so wanted GWN to come
out (Other than the fact that it would be...  What...  The SECOND Canadian
Supplement to come out in the past five years???).

First off, the main reason my group got interested in Deadlands was the very
fact that there was a Canadian Supplement comming out, and that I would be
able to run a Canadian Campaign that would be completely official!  (My
group are somewhat sticklers for "Official Stuff Only!", too many problems
with unofficial stuff made by Munchkins).  Now, with GWN in whatever it is,
they're going to be upset.

Second off, I've been bragging to everyone about Deadlands, and how cool the
system was, and how great the Universe was, how the people that put it out
really cared for the Players of their fine game...  AND how they were
comming out with a Canadian Supplement for a WESTERN!  Something usually
(Read:  Pretty much ALWAYS) looked over by Americans (Yes, Canada was indeed
Western, and some places, like Calgary, STILL ARE!).  Now I'm going to look
like an idiot to all those people...  Something I can do all by my lonesome,
thank you very much, and didn't really need your help in that manner.

Finally, anticipating GWN comming out this year, I invested most of the
spending money I made during my summer job to buying EVERY Weird West
Supplement that I felt I would need for my Canadian Campaign.  We're talking
HUNDREDS of dollars here, LITERALLY!  Now, all that is down the drain, as my
group has gotten into Hell On Earth, and aren't interested in any more
"Western" stuff 'til I get the Canadian Campaign up and running.  Now, that
money could have been used in a manner that would be benificial to me in the
here and now (A much needed upgrade for my computer, for example!), but said
investment is now gathering dust on my shelf (No, I couldn't have waited
'til GWN came out...  I needed to go through them, and familiarize myself
with them...  I also doubt that I could have held onto that money for so
long).

So, there you have it.  The reasons why I've been such a prick.  A group
that's ticked at me, a bunch of folk that think I'm an idiot, and I'm broke
with the stuff I bought neigh on useless.  And all because of the placement
of GWN "On Hold".

I think ANYONE would be somewhat perturbed under said things, don't you?

Now, that doesn't dismiss me from being a bit of an ***hole about the whole
deal...  And I'm not saying it does.  I'm just explaing WHY I was in such a
distressed mood, is all.

Now, can't we all just get along???

Oh...  Ya...

What does "On Hold" mean, exactly, anyhow?  And don't say, "Well, it means
it's 'On Hold'."  I figured THAT part out already...  Does it mean that the
book is still planned?  Does it mean that it's going to be an Essay?  Or
does it mean that you have no clue whatsoever?  Inquiring minds (That are
somewhat calmer) want to know!