RE: [DL] Improv

>How much of a role should improvisation play?

As much as you can possibly handle.  If you plan out 147 different options
that the players will take in a situation, they will inevitably, do option
148. When I plan adventures, I usually only have a rough idea of where I'm
going and play off of the player's reactions to certain situations.

>I'm basing my adventure off of
>a PEG adventure and one of my own, and I am new to the Marshalling process.

If you're using something published, make sure you have read it a few times,
and understand the interactions within the adventure well.  Nothing spoils
an adventure more than a Marshall who is running an adventure that they are
unfamiliar with.  I go as far as trying not to read the "Read this part
aloud to the players" bits, because, INMATE, it breaks up the game...

Patrick