RE: [DL] Improv

> How much of a role should improvisation play?  I'm basing my
> adventure off of
> a PEG adventure and one of my own, and I am new to the
> Marshalling process.

Lets be realistic here.. you can't plan for everything the posse will do,
and if you force them to do stuff, they wont appreciate it.

I improv probably around 70%, and retrofit everything into the ongoing
meta-plotline following each session. It means a lot more work for me, but
it's more fun for the players (IMO, and theirs I think) and its pretty
rewardinbg, as long as you're canny enough to keep up with stuff and present
new stuff 'on the fly' and manage to fit it into "what's really going on"tm.

Brian "No quote today" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com/ or http://www.ansett.com.au/