Re: [DL] News propagation

Since I learned the following fact in a high school history class, I dont
have any references for this information (though I can work on that, if you
need verification) but the War of 1812 was over 12 days before word got out
to some of the battleships near the Gulf of Mexico, but I'm guessing that
since the invention of the telegraph and other such instruments, information
was passed on a little more quickly, so my guess would be that regionally,
4-6 days, and maybe up to 2 weeks nation wide.  I'll do some research on
that and post my findings.

John

http://highprogrammer.com/alan