Re: [DL] Dinero & Belongings {Goff}

Dinero gives you a greater starting amount of cash, plus an income, which
I think is weekly.  If you spend an acceptible amount of time doing your
job, whatever it might be, you get the "extra" amount of cash.  You'll
probably also have to make a roll of some sort.
With Belongin's, you get an item that costs up to the listed value, i.e.,
a steam wagon or somesuch.  You don't get a wad of cash, and you can't
use Belongin's to buy 10,000 bullets or anything.  Hence, if you want
something that would cost $2,500, you buy Belongin's 3, and you don't get
an extra $500 just because you spent 3 points on it.  You don't get any
additional income from Belongin's.
The matter of getting extra weekly income from Dinero but not from
Belongin's is kinda tricky to find in the rules.  It's hidden in the most
unlikely of places, the descriptions of the two edges.  You may actually
have to read the WHOLE description, but trust me, it's there.
-Rich "Honorary Canadian" Ranallo

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 18:28:16 -0700 (PDT) Jyster Cap <jyster007@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Whats the difference between Dinero and Belongings?
> Belongings says its a one time cash infusion, so
> does that mean you can pull money multiple times from
> dinero?
>
> 5 pt Belongings:  Cash 50,000
> 5 pt Dinero:  Starting 5,000 Extra 10,000
>
> Does that mean I can pull 10K from Dinero more than
> once?  If so how often?
>
> With Belongings do I get to use that money during
> character creation?
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.