[DL] Ranger Oaths(Actual Historical)

I took these oaths from the official Texas Ranger webpage.

There are three versions in the historical timeframe of deadlands.

As you can see they are rather official and long-winded. Can anyone do
better
if there is not an offical deadlands oath? (I don't have the Texas Ranger
book. Actually, was it ever printed?)

BTW the modern oaths are even more long winded, three or four times to be
exact.

1874/75

Webb County Frontier Men
Frontier Men between the Nueces and Rio Grande
El Paso County Frontier Men

We the undersigned do solemnly swear that we will bear true allegiance to
the
State of Texas, that we will serve her honestly and faithfully for the
period
two months and observe and obey the orders of the Governor of the State
and the orders of the officers appointed over us according to An Act of
the Legislature approved April the 10th 1874.

1881

I, ________, do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution
of the United States, and that I will bear true faith and allegiance
to the State of Texas and will support the Constitution thereof; and
I do further swear that I will faithfully observe and obey all laws
and regulations for the government of Company ____ Frontier Battalion
of this State, and the orders of all officers elected or appointed
over me.

So help me God.

1891

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully and impartially
discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as a member of
the Frontier Battalion until my resignation is accepted, or I am discharged,
according to the best of my skill and ability, and agreeably to the
Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State.

So help me God.

DWM