Re: [DL] Explorer's Society

--- Matthaw@aol.com wrote:
> in a similar but yet not similar question, is the
> explorer's society similar
> to the National Geographical Society?

> with
> 	unsubscribe deadlands

I don't think so. I think the Explorer's soceity would
develop differently do to the presence of paranormal
creatures, the repression of the Agency, and later
higher levels of national tension then in our world.
Also, it might acquire the status of the Tombstone
Epitaph. That is, supermarket tabloid. (I'm assuming
they publish something.) The general level of
knowledge about the supernatural implies they might
all die, be censored, or subsumed by the Agency. The
book already suggests the Agency dislikes them in
1877. Imagine two more centuries.