RE: [DL] Throwin' specializations

In the revised rules, yes, there's two types of throwing.  The books use the
words "balanced" and "unbalanced."  You can use "aerodynamic" if you like it
better ;-)

In the "old" rules, you are right again, you specialize by type of thing
being thrown.  You had options like knife, tomahawk, spear.  Deadlands:
Sports Illustrated Edition would've added Throwin': Baseball, football (USA
version, you're not allowed to throw everyother country's football unless
you're the goalie), dart, shotput, discus, frisbee...  Over the top I think.

There never was a complete list of Throwin' specializations, because there's
just too many things you could pick up and hurl.  Which I'm sure was the
impetus behind switching to the more simplified 'balanced' and 'unbalanced.'
Now, my problem is trying to remember what makes a balanced object balanced.
So, when I make characters with throwin' I always take both (we use the new
rules).  That way I don't have to remember which is balanced out of the
things I might throw (knife, dynomite, rock, spear, tomahawk).

Jeff Y.