RE: [DL] Becoming Blessed

The funny thing is (on my end), I'm not Catholic.  My wife is.  Anyway,
yeah, mass was in Latin for the longest time.  But that doesn't mean that
the Bible wasn't available in English.  I have an excerpt from the History
Channel web site:

"The greatest English translation (and one of the most influential English
prose works) is the Authorized Version (AV), or King James Version (KJV), of
1611, made by a group of churchmen and scholars led by Lancelot Andrewes.
The Rheims-Douay Version was produced by Roman Catholic scholars at Rheims
(New Testament, 1582) and Douai (Old Testament, 1610), France. In the 19th
cent., the Authorized Version was revised as the English Revised Version and
the American Revised Version (pub. 1880-90)."

So there are a couple of versions available in a language near you =)

Besides, all those old family Bibles, with births and deaths of generations
of a family recorded therein, are going to be printed in a language the
family can read.  That's why every family had one.  "Pa'd read Scripture
every night, while Ma did the sewin', so'n us kids would grow up all
spiritual-like."

Jeff "It seems like I'm smart, but really I just know where all the good
search engines are" Y.