Re: [DL] Frightening realizations...

> A quick
> calculation reveals that a character with two points
> of Grit has a roughly 1 in 9 chance.
>
> A character with ONE point of grit has a better chance
> of becomming Harrowed than they do of naturally
> hitting someone in the head!  (1 in 14 versus 1 in
> 20).
>
> I realize some of you know this, but as a little ol'
> player, this shook me up!

You know, I've found that this kind of thing has a lot to do with the kind
of character you've created. It's odd, I'll admit, but some characters are
destined to come back no matter what, and others are destined to stay
planted six feet under, even under relatively similar circumstances.

Let's take a random example ;-)

My character came back twice (first time with three points of grit, the
second time with six -one was just coloured grit). However, another
character who also had six points of grit stayed undeniably dead.

There was no ostensible difference between the two of them in terms of their
chosen professions: they were both gunfighter types with very polarised
moral compasses. It's just that my character tended to flirt with death a
good deal, and the other character had an absolute horror and revulsion for
undeath.

Anyone else find this to be true? That the dice and cards end up reflecting
a good deal of the character, that is, regardless of chance or the odds.

Daphné
--
The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.

Visit Ross Coburn's Deadlands site at:
http://www.geocities.com/weirdwest_2000/