Re: [DL] Stonewall Jackson

Christopher McGlothlin wrote:

 	I would urge anyone who has a sincere interest in Jackson as he *really
> was* to seek out and find James "Bud" Robertson's recent biography, which
> is quite simply one of the best books ever written. Period.

Just to back up Chris...I had a chance to hear Mr. Robertson speak here in
Tampa in December of '98 at an alumni meeting of Va Tech (if I remember
right). I was the only one there from my USF Civil War Senior
Seminar...kinda felt out of place. But let me say that it was absolutely
fantastic. Mr Robertson's voice was intriguing. (kinda weird to hear a good
Southern drawl in this part of the world.....Florida is the most northern
state south of the Mason-Dixon....) Wish I could've taken a class with
him.....

Anyway...I have yet to buy Mr Robertson's book....but I have read a few
pages of it a couple of times......heck...he even got my regiment's name
and numeration correct at the Battle of First Manassas (its 14th Brooklyn
Militia.....not 84th New York Volunteer Infantry)....so I would recommend
it highly....

Brooklyn Red Leg (a.k.a. David Farris)
The Red Legged Devil of the Iron Brigade
Corporal. 14th Brooklyn Militia, 1st Corps,
1st Division, Iron Brigade
Army of the Potomac