RE: [DL] Stonewall Jackson

>>Despite the fact that the original message contained little historical
relevance, the >>suggestion WAS interesting.. a manitou directing an army
general's thoughts >>could make for a very fun campaign. Even if it isn't
Jackson they're meddling with..

Heh. I've already promised to whistle Dixie for ten days as penance. Nine to
go (and the people at work looked at me funny all day).

Bryson is generally good at citing where he got his info from. Looking on and
around the pages I cited I found nothing, but in his "Suggested Reading"
section in the back of the book, he mentions "Stonewall: A Biography of
General Thomas J. Jackson," by Byron Farwell, published by W.W. Norton, c.
1993, which is probably where he garnered the info from the excerpt I typed
at you.

I haven't read the above book, and even if I had, I would no more be able to
vouch for its veracity than I would for Bryson's. Me am dum wit histree. :-P

ob Deadlands: I may try to put together something on manitou inspired Army
types. I like the idea of a kind of Military Hucksterism, where titled
soldiers are willing to risk more than the lives of their men to win at all
costs. It strikes me that a lot of the newer "educated men" who went to
military school (ostensibly to enjoy the high life on Daddy's money) are now
being thrust into positions of command and will turn to the "quick and easy"
way of "showing their education." It's almost a manitou's dream come true.

--Jacques D'Penitant