RE: [DL] Stonewall Jackson

At 12:51 AM 10/20/2000 EDT, Xotzil@aol.com wrote:
>>>Despite the fact that the original message contained little historical
>relevance, the >>suggestion WAS interesting.. a manitou directing an army
>general's thoughts >>could make for a very fun campaign. Even if it isn't
>Jackson they're meddling with..

	I agree totally. My sincerest apologies if I inadvertantly implied otherwise.

>Heh. I've already promised to whistle Dixie for ten days as penance. Nine to
>go (and the people at work looked at me funny all day).

	No penance required, good sir. You're one of those truly wonderful people
that see us through to our deadlines--and don't forget it!;)

>Bryson is generally good at citing where he got his info from. Looking on
and
>around the pages I cited I found nothing, but in his "Suggested Reading"
>section in the back of the book, he mentions "Stonewall: A Biography of
>General Thomas J. Jackson," by Byron Farwell, published by W.W. Norton, c.
>1993, which is probably where he garnered the info from the excerpt I typed
>at you.
>
>I haven't read the above book, and even if I had, I would no more be able to
>vouch for its veracity than I would for Bryson's. Me am dum wit histree. :-P

	Most people are, so don't feel bad. Others just have access to killer
libraries.:-)

>ob Deadlands: I may try to put together something on manitou inspired Army
>types. I like the idea of a kind of Military Hucksterism, where titled
>soldiers are willing to risk more than the lives of their men to win at all
>costs. It strikes me that a lot of the newer "educated men" who went to
>military school (ostensibly to enjoy the high life on Daddy's money) are now
>being thrust into positions of command and will turn to the "quick and easy"
>way of "showing their education." It's almost a manitou's dream come true.

	Sounds like something someone should develop for submission to PEG, IMHO.

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: Deadlands: The Weird West Revised Edition
Co-Author: Tales o' Terror: 1877, Back East: The South & the JLA Sourcebook
Reviewer: Games Unplugged Magazine
Southern by the Grace of God