Re: [DL] Hexarcana: Martial Arts and Mech. Augmentations

John Goff wrote:

> Changed the system from C'hi-based to Strain-based (ala some of the HOE
> arcane backgrounds), with a single Aptitude named ch'i (ala hexslingin') to
> activate the powers--although some require a successful fightin': martial
> arts roll to be effective.
>
> As a result of the change to a Strain-based system, we did away with the
> individual power levels. Now, each power generally increases in
> effectiveness with raises on the ch'i Aptitude roll, rather than individiual
> levels for powers.
>
> New ch'i powers cost 5 points.
>
> If you're familiar with HOE, it's similar to, say, the basic way that Sykers
> or Doomsayers work. If not, it's close to a blessed and her miracles, but
> with Strain.

I think I've got it. So I take it that Strain is a cost in Wind?
(Obviously, I'm not familiar with the HOE rules. :)

> > And does Hexarcana feature the rules on mechanical augmentations?
> >

> Unfortunately, no. There wasn't room for it once I got everything else in
> there. The Marshal's section is only 2 pages long (3 if you count the art
> <g>).
>
> Augmentations (greatly expanded) show up in the Collegium book which is
> currently at the printer--although I understand there has been a delay, so I
> can't swear as to when it's due on shelves. :-/

Ah, well... at least the advertised contents weren't *completely* wrong,
as was the case with Rascals, Varmits, and Critters I. :)

Now, the original mech agumentation rules were in City O' Gloom,
correct?

Dan Davenport

--
"Beware the inveterate punster, Doyle, it's a sure sign of brewing
mental disturbance." -- Jack Sparks (to Arthur Conan Doyle), _The List