Re: [DL] Hexarcana: Martial Arts and Mech. Augmentations

> Could someone please give me a quick rundown on the changes to martial
> arts as they appear in Hexarcana?

Changed the system from C'hi-based to Strain-based (ala some of the HOE
arcane backgrounds), with a single Aptitude named ch'i (ala hexslingin') to
activate the powers--although some require a successful fightin': martial
arts roll to be effective.

As a result of the change to a Strain-based system, we did away with the
individual power levels. Now, each power generally increases in
effectiveness with raises on the ch'i Aptitude roll, rather than individiual
levels for powers.

New ch'i powers cost 5 points.

If you're familiar with HOE, it's similar to, say, the basic way that Sykers
or Doomsayers work. If not, it's close to a blessed and her miracles, but
with Strain.

> And does Hexarcana feature the rules on mechanical augmentations?

Unfortunately, no. There wasn't room for it once I got everything else in
there. The Marshal's section is only 2 pages long (3 if you count the art
<g>).

Augmentations (greatly expanded) show up in the Collegium book which is
currently at the printer--although I understand there has been a delay, so I
can't swear as to when it's due on shelves. :-/

Later!

John