[DL] Deadlands and D&D3E Part 1.2

Heres a little something you can do to disruptive players ; )
Oh just whip a few 20 siders at his noggin
I have a player who after getting dropped ie put close to deaths door a few
times straightend up right quick. My favorate scene has to be when his cleric
first entered Pawnee Rock looking for work, he comes across a number of dwarf
and hobbit laborers, well he gets snide with a Hobbit cook and call's him a
miscreant, well this hobbit was none to pleased and hurled
a boiling hot soup at the offending Elf, of course the pot misses but the Elf
then turns around and throws a dagger at the soup hobbit and kill's him. Well
this did not sit well with the other Hobbit cooks and servers, so they picked
up their forks and knives and about 10 of the varmints piled on the Elf
cleric, well it just so happens another party member was strolling on by, the
Mississipi Kid, and cast's sleep, the Elf fails his SR and goes to sleep with
the rest of the Hobbits. Enter Sheriff Vic Downs; mean, ornery and lower then
a squashed  prairie tick. He aint none to happy about all this commotion in
his town so he decides right then and there to string up the claric for
murder, well as the claric is doing the jig from a hanging, enter Marshal
Wayne st.John who cuts the dangling Elf down and announces to the Sheriff
that there will no more killing today. There will be a proper court hearing
in accordance to the laws of Greyhawk. The Sheriff agrees due to the fact
that as the Marshal points it was self defense, extreme yes but self defense
nonetheless.
Well the Cleric comes to and the player was none to happy about his character
having to do the hanging jig so the fool casts a command spell on the
sheriff, the sheriff falls off his horse, gets right back up and pull out his
hand crossbow and points it at the Elfs head, before the sheriff pulls the
trigger, the Elf Cleric declares he was Delirious, that right there deserved
a DC of at least 19, guess what, the Cleric rolls a 20! So the Sheriff puts
down his Crossbow, smiles and tell's the Elf to  watch his step in Pawnee
rock.
Well this Elf, whom is true neutral, yet commits chaotic acts and is also
greedy, is given a chest of gold by one of the priests of his holy order so
as to outfit the party for their adventure, and yes I am keeping track of
these acts, he keeps whining why he is getting the least exp..........
It's a mist filled morning in Pawnee Rock but the Elf Cleric stroll's merrily
on his way to the general store, yet rounding a corner are Vic Downs and four
of deputy's on horse back, all four Deputy's have Ropes drawn and with a loud
yeeeeeehawwwwwwww, they spur their mounts forward, The Elf player asks were
he can run to get away from the Sheriffs men and I ask are you carrying the
chest of Gold? He announces yes, so I tell him your not gonna make to cover
in time. He whines of course, but what makes this whole wind bag thing I'm
writing worth while is picturing the scene where these four deputy's lasso
this elf, drag him down this dirt road for about a 150 yards then string him
on the hanging oak, as he once more does the Jig, sheriff Downs pull's the
Elfs trouser's down and brands the Elf's butt with his magical branding iron,
in my campaign, Vic was an ex-rancher. Now the initial's VD are permanently
branded on to the Elfs butt. BTW Vic Downs did survive the adventure "This
Harrowed Ground" and along with Slate, they are the new law in a city called
Freeport, which so happens to be where the players have to go. I'm a firm
believer in the recurring villain scenario. But more on this at a later date.

Happy hollows eve

Scott