Re: [DL] Re: [HOE] Long time lurker sharing position

> --- "twilight@vbe.com" <twilight@vbe.com> wrote:
> > A lot of list members are blaming cybergames.com for
> > the current malaise
> > (book delays, etc.), unfortunately, I can't really
> > blame this company.
> > If it is anyone we ought to be angry at, it's
> > Pinnacle Entertainment
> > Group for selling out.
>
> I've been on this list since HOE first came out. And
> DL long before that. I've made some pretty good
> friends both at Pinnacle and with others on the list.

> Bottom line: Shane is a good guy and one who has been
> forthright, honest, and bluntly decent to you and
> everyone else on this list since day one. And to call
> him a sellout is nothing more than an insult and an
> embarassment to yourself.

Hey all,

I don't think that I have ever responded to this list,
but I feel this is worth posting an opinion.

I have and always will have the utmost respect
for Shane and what he has done to entertain
people like us.   Even if he ended the
Deadlands universe we should be thankful for
what he had given us so far, but he hasn't.  I have
no doubt that he is struggling with
Cybergames and didn't expect these turn
of events.  He had vision, and he wanted to
pursue those visions with a company he felt
would allow him to do so.  I don't think that
is turning out, and that has to be really hard for
him.

He didn't sell out the company, he tried
to make it better and in the meantime make
his life better.  Most of you have no idea
the sacrifices that were made, and until
you do you outta keep your responses a
bit friendlier.  Shane has feelings too, as do
the rest of us who know him.

As far as Cybergames goes, they need
to take a step back and listen to the
fans.  That is the only way gaming
companies are going to make it.  That
is something that Shane did.  Pinnacle
and AEG have treated me well, and no
matter what kind of game they come
up with I will try it.  I can't say that for any
other company, not even WoTC.   It's all
about fan relations and keeping us happy.
While I think that Shane knows this,
I don't think that Cybergames does.

We need to continue to support
Shane, and by doing that maybe