[DL] Defending Shane

Wheeeeee, look. Hal actually posts to the list.

As I am running short on time today, I cannot be as verbose as some of my
compadres on this list. So I shall make this brief.

I have know Shane and called him my friend since before Pinnacle was formed.
I still remember the winter night in Blackburg, Va. when Shane first told me
about the idea he had for a game "about undead Civil War soldiers" over a
few beers. I watched Pinnacle go from just Shane, to two guys in a basement,
to 10 people in an office—including me. I have had close up, personal
experience with the sacrifices—financial, professional, and personal—that
Shane has made over the years to keep Pinnacle going. It has been a
harrowing (pardon the expression) experience, one that not many people would
have been willing to go through for the sake of bringing their ideas to a
bunch of people.

This is not a rant about "how you people should be grateful." But I will
declare to anyone reading this right now: claiming that Shane has "sold out"
is about as far off base as it is possible to get.

Briefly and inelegantly,

Hal

Hal Mangold
Freelance Graphic, Game and Web Designer
Former Deadlands Brand Manager
http://go.to/HalMangold