Re: [DL] Rant!

 >>Counter-point.  Fields of Honor was out at GenCon - five months ago
 >>- and before CG picked up Pinnacle.
 >
 >Not true. Fields of Honor did not ship to the trade until late
 >October. The product was completed at Gen Con, and some pre-release
 >copies were there, but it was not actually shipped until
 >Cybergames.com was able to step in and deal with the printer. The
 >product would never have shipped at all if Cybergames.com hadn't
 >stepped in.

I remember the difficulties - the counter sheets weren't printed, and the
box was flimsier then expected.

But as for resolving the issue with the printer. . . excuse me for this,
but I've gotten used to straight talk from folks. . . but are you stating
that Pinnacle was too inept to deal with the situation?  Or that this
situation was different from the hordes of other problems they have overcome?

-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

The real slums are another matter. The bad parts of Tondo are as bad as any
place I've seen,
ancient, filthy houses swarmed with the poor and stinking of sewage and
trash. But there are
worse parts - squatter areas where people live under cardboard, in shipping
crates, behind
tacked-up newspapers. Dad would march you straight to the basement with a
hairbrush in his
hand if he caught you keeping your hamster cage like this.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke