[DL] The Silent One Speaks His Mind

You know, I've been reading the rants, from both sides, (Steve, you're
mainly because what few questions about this great game I have, get asked
and answered on here by people who can wax more eloquently on such matters
than I.

I have been playing Deadlands since day one, I still have a soft cover first
edition Rule Book that I reference during play.  I own all the "core" books,
and most of the setting books.

I am saddened by the moves of Cybergames.  (What tweaks me most is the
on-line sale of PDF files...I don't give my information on line, not even
for my favorite game.)  I will not let my favorite game die, and Cybergames,
with the time between releases, you ARE killing this game.   My flgs didn't
even order the Collegium, because of the delays, and I have to drive an hour
to pick it up.  (Next weekend, I make my once a month run to a gamestore
that I know will have it.)

And do not get me started on the fiasco that is Hero System.  (My superhero
game of choice.)  You may have 20 years in the business, but it seems it's
not on the business end of gaming.  I'm no business man, but I see some
fundamental errors in the strategy.  (Alienation a major Fan-Base of
Deadlands is a major business FUBAR)

Well, I've said my peace...I'll fade back into the woodwork....

John Michael Davis