Re: [DL] The Collegium

Well, in my overall review of Collegium I would like to mention a few things.
 First of all as a player, I detest MS as an AB.  That said, I would never as
a marshal forbid someone to play it.  Maybe its just the process involved in
making all these really cool inventions that IMHO would seem to take time
away from adventuring.  The games I have played in generally didn't have a
lot of down time so invention I simply saw it as a bit much to worry about.
Plus I am not always the best at coming up with nifty new gadgets.  Should
someone else comes up with nifty new gadgets and how they work?   Hell yeah
I'll use them.....

I have the loved the steam technology since I first laid eyes on CoG and
almost modeled a character afther the infamous Gash, then as a marshal I saw
his stats and said, um nevermind.  Anywho, I love the new steam tech stuff as
well.  The fact that it follows the rules of Cyborgs from HoE makes it that
much easier to deal with in my opinion.

As to he purpose of the Collegium and the Doomtown storyline, well lets just
say I love a good story.  While I found these interesting, I must agree with
the Baron in saying that there was not quite as much info as I would like.

As for playing a character in the Collegium, I think the Tenure system may
need a little work, but it is certainly an excellent idea and seem follows a
system similar to the one released in the Agency book.  I like it when
crosspollination of systems occurs in a game, or  the settings of several
games from a company.  It makes it easier to remember how things work.

Overall, despite my misgivings towards MS, I found the Collegium book well
worth the money for me.

BTW, any MS PC's that have found a way to successfully play your characters
and mix the invention and adventure parts, I would love to hear how you do
it.  Is your game based out of one location or do you travel?  How
complicated are most of your inventions?  How fast do your characters go
completely insane?

Thanks

Walter