Re: [DL] The Collegium

The Collegium was not bad.

The Info on The Collegium itself was just a bit sparcer then I'd have
liked, but I found it to be a good read.  I was disappointed that Finias
Von Landingham was not in the book itself, but was quite happy with his
role and portrayal in Rain o' Terror (another story).  Overall, I thought
the collegium info was good, but the system for getting renown within the
Collegium (the stat eludes me) was not very good.  Otherwise, I liked
it.  I felt there was enough to portray the Collegium-barely.

The Devices were good, and helpful to me as a GM who is not very good at
coming up with my own unique devices.  I felt that they did not detract
from the book, and did a good job of playing up just how out there the
Collegium is, if by nothing more then their categorization.

The section on Scrappers was a winner.  I was happy to see a more Hell On
Earth type of system for The Parts.  The variety and logic was good, and I
felt they were _slightly_ better explained then in City o' Gloom.  Overall,
this was a winner.  if I had any gripe, it would be the lack of the more
"Biological" parts in CoG.

-Insert Marshal Paragraph Here-

Overall, this was a pretty good book.  Mad Scientists are not my thing.
Never were.  But the Collegium has my attention in ways Smith & Robards and
Hellstromme Industries never did.  The progression of the story of the
Cyber-Docs was cool.  And the Marshal Section gave me a good hard reminder
of who wrote the book that left me grinnin' like a maniac.

Overall, a good buy, if that is your thing.

As for the Marshal section...

OK, what you did with X-19 was genius.  The whole sordid affair with Dr.
Gash and Dr. Periwinkle was well done.  When I got the full logic of what
was going on, it was...to say the least...interesting.  It all reminds me
of why, despite my hatred of Grimme and dislike of Stone, Hellstromme is an
excellent antagonist and a good shot better then either.  Oh, and the back
story of his...contact to the Collegium truly showed the Devilish cunning
Mr. Goff has been dazzling us with book after book.