RE: [DL] A Splash of Cold Water

>>I trust that Shane's response has answered a lot of your questions.<<

   Nope. For example, did he start trying to sell Pinnacle as soon as he
acquired it or did he start trying to sell it last year?

>>That is not the case.  However, I can see why Cybergames would want to
keep the details behind such things quiet.  It only looks bad for them.<<

   On what are you basing your statement that Cybergames did indeed lay
people off?

>>Oh.  You.  If you must know, your reputation as a flame instigator had
preceded you - that one comment - off list - quickly ended what you were
gearing yourself up to.<<

   Where to start?
   Your "preemptive" off the list flame ended nothing. It did, however,
spark something: The idea that you're an ass and that your position here is
undeserved. The reason there was no Allan-attacks-Cybergames type flame war
was because I was trying to be nice.
   As for attacking the supposed purpose of your attack, I highly doubt
it's more than excuse. I've noticed that you're a calm, laid back, and wise
moderator...Wait, no, I'm thinking of another list. What I've noticed is
that I don't seem to be the only one who has received your special
preventative attitude and measures...
   As for being a "flame instigator," I've clearly turned the list into
hell in the short time I've been here. On the other hand, maybe my
participation has been more civil, respectful, and flame-free than the guy
who moderates the list. Nah, that's just silly.

>>A butchery of staff cuts, no website support, an excessively delayed
release schedule, a "you will take what we care to release and you will
like it" attitude, and in one case a bald faced lie to us.<<

   You missed hyperbole. Gosh, I'm 0 for 2 tonight; hyperbole is *your*
problem.

>>And believe me - I know full well a lot of the problems PEG had - but at
every point you /knew/ they were doing their best to correct it - as fast
as possible.<<

   Good for Pinnacle.

             Seanchai

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic
pictures." - George W. Bush, President elect and Time magazine's Person of
the Year