RE: [DL] Re: [HOE] Long time lurker sharing position

<snip selling out comments>
> > Pinnacle Entertainment Group for selling out.
<snip>
> Bottom line: Shane is a good guy and one who has been
> forthright, honest, and bluntly decent to you and
> everyone else on this list since day one. And to call
> him a sellout is nothing more than an insult and an
> embarassment to yourself.

Not to further inflame the situation, especially since it seems to be
cooling off, but rather to add my support of Shane and PEG.

I've been a gamer for ... hmm, since 1974.  I played a lot of games and
looked at a lot of games.  As production drew to a close on our book (Blue
Planet from Biohazard Games) Jeff Barber (our President and Founding Dude)
wanted to get back into role playing after a five year stretch of nothing
but our book.  He asked me to run Deadlands for him.  He's met Shane and
looked at his game the year before at GenCon.    I looked it over and
decided this was a way cool game.  As I read more and more I liked it
increasingly and became *almost* a rabid fanboy (of which this lists boasts
an abundant number).  I subscribed to the list and read everything Deadlands
I could.

Well our campaign kind of died (unfortunately) after several months but I
continued to read the list.  Mainly for one reason.  Because I met Shane,
John Goff, Steve Long, Chris McGlothlin and the others.  Because I liked
them and considered them to be friends and wished them well.  Because I
wanted to keep tabs on how well they (and Pinnacle) were doing.

I'm glad I didn't see the original message.  If I had I would no doubt be
more angry.  I will (with great effort) not say anything to the poster
concerning his parentage or any other negative comments as much as I might
wish to.  Ultimately it will serve no positive purpose.  However I will say
to Shane "Hang in there".  So what I think I want to say is that I'm not
here for Deadlands.  Yes I like it and yes it's cool but since I don't run
it anymore most of the postings sail past me unhindered.  I'm here to make
sure Shane and all those other great guys and gals are still doing okay.

Jim "yea, I'm also late posting" Heivilin