Re: [DL] PDF Material (was: Legion of Rabid Fans)

--- "Heivilin, Jim" <banzai@missouri.edu> wrote:
> Personally I *like* pdfs.  Small compact files
> (compared to the original
> documents in whatever publishing program they used
> to lay them out).  They
> (usually) print out as well if not better than said
> source files.

I like PDF's for back-up purposes, and because they
can be full text searchable.  But there is nothing as
asthetically pleasing as a shelf FULL of orange
bindings.  Yes, you can bind up a printed PDF - I've
done it many a time (too much time on my hands and
office services at my disposal), but it doesn't feel,
look, or read the same.  Plus, not all of us have
laptops to pull up the books on everywhere we go, and
some of us LIKE schlepping around 60 pounds of books
when we get together to play.  It's a PRIDE thing.
Wear those back braces with honor!

Purely a personal preference, I realize, but my two
cents worth.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen