[DL] Whole Lotta Stuff

Oakey Doakey, lets get started.
It's been a while since I've posted, but there's a distinct vibe change
going on here on the list. Once upon a time, the most vicious arguments were
about grammar and the english language. Plenty of debate, but all light
hearted fun.
Now I read lists, and we've got someone from Cybergames telling US what is
or isn't on topic. Right there, the gets the Arnarcho-syndicalist in me
right big and rankled.
We've also got a firing match going off between a listserver and our
moderter.
I think these are symptomatic of a greater problem. The listserve, having no
new products to talk about or debate, no storyline to conjecture about, has
turned to the only activity left; slagging the company off.
Steve Peterson, if you want this unconsructive and "off-topic" discussion to
end, PUT OUT SOME PRODUCTS! That will shut us up. Easy solution there. But
you don't own this List, so don't tell us what is or isn't on topic. This is
more than just an organisation of product reviewers or some bizzaire
orwellian fan club that just shouts "DEADLANDS - YEAH!". We're not an arm of
your corporation. Don't dare treat us like one.
Now the moderator thing. Allan's been the moderator of this list for years
now (at 3 I know of). I think he's done a fine job. His comments against
Cybergames were not done under the auspices of moderator; he was posting as
Allan Seyberth. He's as entitled to his opinion as anyone. I can't say I've
agreed with all of his decisions as moderator over the years, but as he's
the one shouldering this responsibility, I see that It's not my position to
bring that up. Before you start making claims to be more fair and reasoned
than he, ask your fellow listservers. They might not be so inclined to
agree.
Now that's out of the way, can't we all just get along?
Reuben McCallum