[DL] E-books

 Something I've noticed during the recent torrent of negative waves has been
 quite a bit of knocking of the e-books (or other appropriate term), but I
 don't recall one voice of support for them.  I guess that'll be me.

 I gotta say, I think they're a great idea.  Although I first played Deadlands
 a couple of years ago, I've only started collecting and GMing it recently,
 and trying to find stuff like the Dime Novels would be pretty damn difficult
 for me.  Most of the adventures I've run so far have been downloaded from the
 Web (either Pinnacle's site, or independant fan stuff), so I have no problems
 with printouts rather than books.  It seems like the perfect format for
 game scenarios - they're not too big (I don't know what the file sizes are,
 but I'd assume that a Dime Novel is significantly smaller than a sourcebook),
 less expensive for the same content (a Dime Novel wouldn't look right on my
 Deadlands shelf, anyway), and for me at least, where retail support for
 gaming in general is a six-to-ten-word string of expletives of your choice,
 pretty damn convenient.

 That said, I won't be going paying for anything until I hear that the server
 end is a bit more reliable than it seems to be at the moment, and it does
 seem like a strange way to sell Law Dogs (especially as it's one of the books
 most often recommended as an essential purchase), but for adventures and the
 like I do like this system.

 Why the negativity?

 Wishkah

--
       | This is pointless and will only promote in-jokes and cliquism.|

Sillicon: 6th, 7th and 8th of April 2001.
  http://sillicon.redbrick.dcu.ie/