[DL] Beyond Grit???

I have been playing my Deadlands rule system fantasy campaign for a while
and came up with a concept i think would go great in deadlands, especially
for those really experienced heroes.

Once a player has reached five grit they have an option. They can trade in
all five points of grit for a point of HEROISM (Or change the name to what
suits you.) Each point of Heroism gives

+1 wound in every location
-1 to all wound penalties
+1 on all die rolls
+2 on all fear checks

The wound level thing basically means that the players can ignore one wound
in each area. Pretty powerful. The small downside is that they go from a +5
on fear checks to a measly +2 (But hey, gives them a good reason to go out
adventure some more)

But the thing I like best is that the marshal can give out some points of
heroism(or Villianism) to their major baddies. Imagine stone with three
levels of Heroism(or more) Able to take up to 8 hits in each location. Much
more powerful. I have playtested it a lot and it is really nice but not
overpowered.

What do you on the list think?

MarshalDWM