Re: [DL] The Big News

 >On a similar note, what about buying stuff currently
 >in FNGS's?  Will that help at the same time, or are
 >those copies basically already paid for and it's the
 >store trying to make the money.

Items that are already in stores have already been "paid for".

For the immediate future it would be in PEG's best interest for websales -
not only does they get a larger profit from each item, but more
importantly, Shane gets the money in his hands right away.

As an educated guess - I imagine that Shane may have blown any easily
accessible funds in just getting the company back.  If so, that would leave
him without any way to pay for the next round of printing in order to get
anything after Waste Warriors out the door.  Like, say, the reprint of the
Marshal's book.

BUT.

The long term lifeblood has to come from the retail stores.  That's where
gamers go to meet other gamers, try out new games, and generally worship at
the one true religion - Gaming.  :-)  When a store runs out of product, it
goes to the distributor to resupply.  The distributor (hopefully) has a
decent reserve of products at the warehouse (they have to pay taxes on
inventory as well).
Then once the distributor needs more items, it goes back to the
manufacturer (PEG in this case).  The one time PEG gets "ahead" of the game
is when they come out with a new item - then all the distribution places
order in advance.

When a distributor starts getting a large number of requests, they are more
likely to think of a product as "hot" and will order a larger number if
items - expecting that they will be able to move 'em out.

So.
If you can't buy with a credit card, go to the local store and pick
something up.  Or, even better, find something that the store doesn't have
but PEG does and put in a special request with the store owner.  ;->
Just please make certain you buy it when it comes in - stores are often
burned by special orders that never are picked up.  They have to pay taxes
on inventory too.  :(

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.
                 -Yogi Berra