[DL] Best Ways to Help

At the risk of sounding patronizing (and that is not my intention), might I
make a suggestion?

Currently, what little we know is that PEG is a one-man operation. There has
been speculation (and only speculation up to now) that employees who have
left (for whatever reason) are probably in other situations right now, and
may not be coming back (although John Hopler posted an official reply to a
HOE related question one day before Shane mentioned he was the only one left,
so he may still be on board. I don't know).

With this in mind, though we really want to help, I'm thinking the best way
to do that is not deluge Shane with offers. He's been pretty straightforward
in the past when he needs stuff. Let him get some things sorted out first.
This reversal seemed pretty abrupt, and I'd bet that things are a little
crazy for him right now. I'm certainly not saying that you shouldn't be
supportive, I'm just suggesting we give him some air for a little while.

What I'm thinking we CAN do is really simple. Plug the line. Run demos in
stores. Go to that local con you'd never look twice at and run an adventure
(we've got a con here that I've generally avoided and I'm going to see if I
can run an event there). There is a ton of free stuff on the web you can take
with you and run ("Ticked Off" is probably a great one to start with. I think
it's on Doc Nukem's site, but, as usual, I don't have the URL
handy...somebody does, though, I bet), or, failing that, do one of the Dime
Novels as a one off, then tell them there's fiction in there to explain what
happens that they didn't see on screen.

If you're not comfortable with running an RPG demo, do RangeWars or run a
small GRW or Lost Colony tournament. Get people interested in whatever facet
of the line they might take a shine to. Anything to get them talking.

If we all can get just one more person buying books, or at least interested
enough to try it, we'll go miles towards helping PEG get back on its feet
again.

Thanks for the ear, peeps.

Pax.

--Jacques (Chris' friend)