RE: [DL] first adventure/campaign

If you look at some popular inspirational material ("Wild, Wild West,"
"Brisco County, Jr.") they work their stories with 2 or 3 in a posse.
Supposedly very experienced characters, but still very small posses.

If you look at the PEG Dime Novels, or even the fiction in the Epitaphs, the
posses are very often 2 or 3 strong.  Yeah, one of those characters are
Ronan Lynch and Hank Ketchum, but even these guys had to start somewhere!

So, yeah, I think it'd work out.  The players will have to remember _not_ to
rush the bunkhouse full of cultists head on.  You might find that having
villains that capture the heroes can be a better way to torment players than
using deadly force (especially if the 30 cultists in the bunkhouse do find
themselves with heroes in their midst).  And let the posse hire a few hands
to fill out their numbers on occassion -- it'll let you all have a right big
dust-up once in a while.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang