Re: [DL] first adventure thoughts

> I'm getting ready to marshal my first DL adventure.  At this point, I have 2
> folks in my posse.  For you veterans out there, will 2 work out ok (in
> general) or is it just not enough?  I'd like to have more - and may still
> recruit more - but am starting with the 2 (plus me of course).

Just a few comments about starting off in Deadlands.

When I kicked off my campaign I think only one player was a great fan
of westerns, and so was the only one that was really itchin' for a
game.  This led me to start off my campaign as a pretty straight
western, no scientist types and little horror.  Most tension was
created between the standard western themes of rancher/miner feud,
restless Indians, and the posse got itself involved giving the local
sheriff a hand.

The horror element was introduced gradually, with the
abomination's involvement hidden deeper than most posses are
inclined to look ,however as the adventures wore on more and
more things just didn't hang neatly together.  Over months of playing
events built to a head, before the true explanation behind what was
happening was revealled and to be truthful it generated so many
possible plot threads that the posse have only now (12 months on)
managed to track down and face the real badness behind it all.
(Unfortunately

This worked well for us and looking back I'm glad I started off with
some straight western adventures, as most of the characters (&
players) would have difficulty going back to it and are completely
immersed in the weirdness of the west.

But to answer your question, the posse I run with generally has 5 (4
of whom can generally make it at the one time) however on occasion
I've run with 2 and it's worked out fine.  Only having 2 players
makes it easier to explore and mess with the characters' backgrounds.

Roy

All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses
and vandals.